Trimble's Survey Software Improves Productivity for the Office and Field
Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB) introduced today new versions of its office and field surveying software—Trimble® Business Center Software version 2.70 and Trimble Access™ software version 2012.10. The software is part of Trimble's portfolio of Connected Site® survey solutions. The new software enhancements allow surveyors to collect, share and deliver data faster to improve accuracy, efficiency and productivity.
"Trimble is focused on providing Connected Site solutions that minimize rework and improve productivity. Workflow integration and connectivity provide surveyors with the day-to-day flexibility to adapt to a variety of situations in the field and office," said Anders Rhodin, director of Trimble's Survey Business. "Trimble's portfolio of software solutions gives surveyors improved workflows for field data collection and enhance collaboration between the field and the office."
Trimble Business Center Software Version 2.70
Trimble Business Center Software is a complete surveying office suite designed to manage, analyze and process all field survey data, including data from optical instruments (total stations and levels), GPS/GNSS and spatial stations (imaging and 3D scanning data).
Version 2.70 advances the capabilities of surveying offices with key new functionality, including:
- Photogrammetry - When a surveyor's project contains images from Trimble VISION™ Total Stations or Trimble VX Spatial Stations, users can make photogrammetry measurements and calculate points with three-dimensional (3D) coordinates.
- Support for Polygon Features - Using the Feature Definition Manager application, surveyors can create and edit polygon feature definitions for inclusion in a library (.fxl) file. Polygon features are useful for modeling real world terrain features such as bodies of water, building footprints, and parcel boundaries.
- New GNSS Baseline Processor - The baseline processor has been enhanced to provide improved accuracy and support for RINEX 3.0 and ANTEX antenna model formats. Users can post-process GNSS observables faster by taking advantage of multi-core computer processing. By decreasing the time it takes to process baselines, the software enables office surveyors to spend more time analyzing results and creating deliverables.
Trimble Access Software Version 2012.10
Trimble Access is a field solution for surveyors that enable wireless connectivity between the project team members to expedite data collection, processing, analysis, and project information delivery through improved workflows, collaboration and control. The complete solution speeds both typical and specialized surveying tasks, and enables easy and fast two-way information sharing between the field survey crew and the office. Surveys can be completed faster with less time spent traveling back and forth to the office. Management and field crews can closely collaborate by viewing the same information in near real-time. The four components of the Trimble Access solution include: Trimble Access services, base software for typical survey applications, specialized application modules, and the Trimble Connected Community.
Trimble Access version 2012.10 offers new functionality, including:
- Volume Calculation and Surface Creation - Surveyors can now compute volumes and create surfaces in the field on any of the following: Trimble Tablet, TSC3, TSC2, or Trimble CU Model 3 Controllers, plus the Trimble S3 and Trimble M3 Total Stations.
- Panorama Image Capture - All Trimble S Series total stations equipped with Trimble VISION technology can now take multiple images seamlessly using the panorama function.
- Target Interrupted Measurements - A new "Interrupted Target Measurement" feature is now available on all Trimble VX Spatial Stations and Trimble S8 and S6 Total Stations. This feature allows successful measurements in difficult environments where a measurement is likely to be interrupted - for example, when surveying across a busy road.
- OmniSTAR Support - Customers with a Trimble R7 GNSS System, the latest version of Trimble Access and a subscription to OmniSTAR corrections signals, can now take advantage of real-time, differential positioning without a radio link. OmniSTAR services can be used for real-time differential surveys or as a fallback for RTK surveys when a ground-based radio link is down or unavailable.
Trimble's Connected Site Solutions
Trimble's Connected Site solutions for surveyors create seamless working relationships among Trimble products, technologies and services. Through the Connected Site, Trimble is focused on providing solutions that address the customers' full work processes. By carefully combining technology innovation with a deep understanding of the users' workflows, data integration and maintenance across the lifecycle of projects, Trimble helps surveyors reach new levels of productivity for their businesses.
Trimble Business Center Software version 2.70 and Trimble Access software version 2012.10 are available now through Trimble's Survey Distribution Channel.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location—including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.