Professional Land Surveyor News: Trimble Posts $319.0 Million In First Quarter Revenue
On April 29th, Trimble (Nasdaq: TRMB) announced that for the first quarter, which ended on April 2, 2010, its revenue increased approximately 10% when compared to the first quarter of 2009. The total revenue reported by Trimble for the first quarter of 2010 is $319.0 million. The first quarter revenue for the first quarter of 2009 was $289.0 million.
Trimble applies technology to make field and mobile workers in businesses and government significantly more productive. Solutions are focused on applications requiring position or location–including surveying, construction, agriculture, fleet and asset management, public safety and mapping. In addition to utilizing positioning technologies, such as GPS, lasers and optics, Trimble solutions may include software content specific to the needs of the user. Wireless technologies are utilized to deliver the solution to the user and to ensure a tight coupling of the field and the back office. Founded in 1978, Trimble is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif.
Statements by Steven W. Berglund, Trimble’s President and Chief Executive Officer:
“First quarter results reflected growing momentum in our markets, led by the Engineering and Construction segment,” said Steven W. Berglund, Trimble’s president and chief executive officer. “While the shape of the recovery in some economic sectors remains uncertain, our confidence is growing that we can deliver double digit revenue growth in 2010 with disproportionately higher earnings growth. We also believe we have improved our strategic position during the economic downturn and can take full advantage of the recovery as it gains strength.”
Professional Land Surveyor Source – TRIMBLE
Trimble Reported Financials:
- Trimble First Quarter 2010 Revenue of $319.0 Million Up 10 Percent.
- Non-GAAP EPS of $0.34 Up 21 Percent As Compared to the First Quarter of 2009.
- Non-GAAP Operating Margin of 17.9 Percent.
- Operating income for the first quarter of 2010 was $36.1 million, up approximately 49 percent as compared to the first quarter of 2009. Operating margin in the first quarter of 2010 was 11.3 percent, as compared to an operating margin of 8.4 percent in the first quarter of 2009.
- Read the rest of this entry →