Professional Land Surveyor News: Ashtech Releases New Firmware and Radio Option for ProFlex GNSS Receivers
Ashtech® has introduced a new GNSS firmware upgrade for the entire ProFlex™ line of products, including the ProFlex 500, ProFlex 500 Marine, ProFlex 500 CORS, ProFlex Lite and ProFlex Lite Duo.
The new firmware features as standard:
- Hot Stand-By RTK: Doubles the assurance that an RTK position is always available and robust.
- Advanced Raw Data Quality: Multi-criterion internal observation masks optimize raw data depending on reception parameters and the dynamics of the receiver.
- Ashtech Optimized Messaging (ATOM) format: Freedom from radio link throughput issues using the new compact and ultra compact scenario of ATOM format.
- RTC Bridge for ProFlex 500 only: Extends the number of users working in a given area by allowing one of them to forward its corrections, received through GPRS, to others through a radio link, thus saving money on mobile communication fees.
- Legacy DBEN Base format support for ProFlex Lite only: Transit smoothly from legacy Ashtech sensors generation to the newest generation.