Ten Geospatial Organizations Endorse IFTN
The leadership of ten geospatial organizations has jointly agreed to support a simple resolution in support of a national digital imagery program:
Be it resolved that the undersigned geospatial organizations support the funding and establishment of an operational program consistent with Imagery for the Nation (IFTN) within the US government with the responsibility for acquisition of high resolution digital imagery over the United States.
The leadership of these organizations met in a conference call on July 22 to discuss the resolution and voted via e-mail over the following day in order to have a position in place for the July 23 Congressional oversight hearing on Federal Geospatial Data Management.
The following organizations agreed to support the resolution:
- American Congress on Surveying and Mapping (ACSM)
- American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS)
- Association of American Geographers (AAG)
- Cartography and Geographic Information Society (CAGIS)
- Geospatial Information Technology Association (GITA)
- GIS Certification Institute (GISCI)
- International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO)
- National States Geographic Information Council (NSGIC)
- University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS)
- Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA)
Imagery for the Nation (IFTN) is a NSGIC initiative to support the development of a sustainable and flexible digital imagery program that meets the needs of local, state, regional, tribal and federal agencies.