This morning I’ve added a few events to the Professional Land Surveyor Forum Calendar and Events, which I want to share with you here. I thought it would also give me a chance to spread the word on how you can use my forum’s Calendar and Events. I’ll discuss the Calendar feature of the Professional Land Surveyor Forum, which I think is awesome, and then I’ll give you a few updates for some calendar events I posted today. Finally, I’ll give you a few ideas on how you can use the Professional Land Surveyor Forum Calendar and Events for your business, surveying society, or just to share interesting events that you’ve discovered.
Professional Land Surveyor Forum Calendar
You can access the Professional Land Surveyor Forum Calendar from the tabbed menu near the top of the site. Once you’re on the calendar you can then navigate through the months, or you can select the calendar month and year you want to jump right to. For each calendar item there is a hyperlink to a discussion board post about that event. So this gives you a great way to organize and share your events and post specific event details, too!
Posting a Professional Land Surveyor Forum Calendar Event
To post an event, click on that option on the bottom of the calendar called “Post Event”, now isn’t that clever. A screen will open where you can fill in the following:
- Event Title – This becomes the hyperlinked title in the calendar.
- Event Date – Includes Year, Month and Day.
- Number of Days – Use for multi-day events.
- Post In – This gives you a drop-down list of all of the discussions boards in the forum so that you can select which discussion board your event details will be published in. It’s your world, so chose as you will, however, I’ve set up a “Learning Center – Events” discussion board which I think is the best location for these posts. I reserve the right to move your post if I think it appropriate to do so.
- Subject – This becomes the title of the discussion board post.
- Message – A place to fill in descriptive details about your event.
So, fill in the information, spell check (a key thing for me), preview your post, and when you’re satisfied with it, hit “Post” to publish your event. Two things will then happen. First, your event will now show up on the Professional Land Surveyor Forum Calendar for all to see. Second, your event will also be listed in the selected forum discussion board for all of your fellow professional land surveyors and related professionals to read and comment on. Accomplishing two things at once, now that’s productivity!