Lately I've been thinking about the current economic conditions and the record number of people who are now joined in the ranks of the unemployed. How are the Land Surveying, Engineering, Mapping, Architectural and GIS industries fairing?
I imagine it's getting ugly out there, but maybe it's because when your in the forest, all you see are trees.
The old adage is:
"When your neighbor is out of work it's a recession. When your out of work it's a depression".
This is so true! So, take the survey and if your out of work I wish you the best and happy job hunting.
Have there been layoffs or reduced work hours at your company?
- Yes, there were layoffs, and it included me! (38%, 24 Votes)
- Yes, there were layoffs, but not me! (37%, 23 Votes)
- My hours have been reduced! (14%, 9 Votes)
- Phew! So far we've dodged the bullet! (11%, 7 Votes)
- Others hours have been reduced! (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 63