In this week’s PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR SURVEY I’m asking: As a Professional Land Surveyor, What Do You Want?
You may want to read my recent post entitled What do Professional Land Surveyors Want? In that post I ponder what Professional Land Surveyors want, listing the following 5 ideas which I used in this weeks PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYOR SURVEY.
Please take the survey which follows this summary from the above mentioned post.
- More financial security. Professional Land Surveyors want to be more profitable and earn more money.
- More time. Professional Land Surveyors want to get their work done faster and have more time to spend on building their businesses and, especially, more time to spend with their families.
- Easier and more reliable equipment, software and systems. Too often all three of these areas concentrate so intensely on the task at hand, often exclusively from the creators perspective and ease, that they become another boulder for us to push up the hill.
- Less worry. Professional Land Surveyors want to be able to sleep better at night and not worry so much about their business, employees, liability and futures.
- More job and professional satisfaction. To be happy and successful in your job as a professional you need to seek out new challenges and opportunities for professional growth. I see this as one of the major obstacles to growing the profession of land surveying. We expect to little from those working in the land surveying industry, from field surveyors, office personnel and licensed Professional Land Surveyors. We also do not provide enough areas for growth. This is why the profession is graying.
As a Professional Land Surveyor, What Do You Want? (pick as many as you like)
- More job and professional satisfaction (24%, 21 Votes)
- More financial security (22%, 19 Votes)
- More time; for myself, to build my business, to spend with my family (20%, 17 Votes)
- Easier and more reliable equipment, software and systems (20%, 17 Votes)
- Less worry (15%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 35