Professional Land Surveyor News: Topcon DL-500 Digital Level Series With First ‘Wave-and-Read’ Technology
Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS) announced this week that they've released their new DL-500 digital levels series, which uses digital ‘Wave-and-Read’ Technology for the very first time. Of course we've had optical ‘Wave-and-Read’ technology for eons - it's called an instrument person looking through the level while reading the rod and having the rod person "rock" the rod slowly towards and then away from the instrument to obtain the lowest, and accurate, reading. Much along these same time-honored lines, where the rod reading becomes the minimum value when vertically, the DL-500 tracks the waved rod and automatically reads the least value.
About Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc.
Topcon Positioning Systems, Inc. (TPS), whose parent company, Topcon Corporation, was founded in 1932, designs and manufactures precise positioning products and solutions globally for:
- Civil Engineering
- Asset Management
- Mobile Control
About The new Topcon DL-500 ‘Wave-and-Read' Technology:
"This feature provides an additional survey style option that allows a rod person to wave the staff back and forth, instead of keeping the staff plumb," said LeRoy Sorenson, product marketing manager for the TPS Survey Business Unit."
"This innovative technology allows for error-free readings of waved staffs, while dramatically reducing operator's eyestrain," said Sorenson."
Professional Land Surveyor Source - Topcon Positioning
Topcon DL-500 Digital Level Series Details:
- Incorporates the advanced Random-Bidirectional code (RAB code) for the staff and optimum digital processing algorithm for staff reading.
- Provides exceptional measurement accuracy.
- Enhances stability.
- Increases speed.
- Works in a variety of environmental conditions, including: "When the staff surface is partially shaded, or in dim lighting conditions as low as 20 lux, one single button triggers measurement and the DL-500 instantly shows reliable results."
- Automatically recognizes the staff directions, either upright or inverted, "eliminating manual errors when surveying with normal and inverted readings."
- Invar, fiberglass and aluminum RAB-code staffs are available.
Two models are available in different height measurement accuracy.
- DL-502: 0.6mm (Invar staff), 1.0mm (fiberglass staff)
- DL-503: 0.8mm (Invar staff), 1.5mm (fiberglass staff)
The Topcon DL-500 Digital Level Series features include:
- Reliable pendulum compensator with magnetic damping system;
- 2,000 points internal memory;
- Onboard measurement programs such as elevation, height difference, ceiling height, cut/fill and stakeout in horizontal distance.