Professional Land Surveyor News: Pöyry Awarded EUR 2.1 million Surveying Project for Pumped Storage Hydropower Plant in Switzerland
Pöyry, a global consulting and engineering company dedicated to balanced sustainability, has been awarded the owner's surveying contract for the new Linth-Limmern pumped storage hydropower plant by Axpo, Switzerland. With services comprising all geodetic surveying tasks during the construction period lasting until 2015, the value of Pöyry's assignment is about EUR 2.1 million.
About Pöyry PLC
Pöyry, in addition to being a global consulting and engineering company dedicated to balanced sustainability, as mentioned above, also offers their clients:
- Integrated management consulting.
- Total solutions for complex projects and efficient.
- Best-in-class design and supervision.
Pöyry provides in-depth expertise extending to the fields of:
- Urban & mobility.
- Water & environment.
Pöyry has 7000 experts operating in about 50 countries, locally and globally. Pöyry's net sales in 2009 were EUR 674 million and the company's shares are quoted on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki (Pöyry PLC: POY1V).
The new Linth-Limmern power station will be installed underground, and will include:
- Building of a new gravity dam.
- Extension of the Tierfehd compensation basin
- Two new caverns for the turbines and the transformers.
- Two pressure shafts and two underwater tunnels.
Pöyry's tasks comprise the independent checking of:
- All major geodetic surveying works.
- Geodetic deformation measurements.
- Monitoring of caverns, dam and tunnel sections.
- Geodetic basic point network.
Task also included are major setting out of:
- Access tunnels.
- Gravity dam.
- Surge chamber.
- Pressure shafts.
- Associated structures.
Pöyry's task ends with the industrial surveying for the installation of components such as turbines and steel structures. Pöyry will ensure that all systems can be built, erected, installed and put into operation by December 2015.
Professional Land Surveyor Source