Professional Land Surveyor News: Leica XPro 4.3 - HiRes Ortho Processing Reduces Flight Lines and Increases Productivity
Today, Leica Geosystems announced that their leading line sensor workflow, the Leica XPro, has been updated with new features. Leica XPro 4.3 - HiRes Ortho Processing provides advanced ground processing from data download to image generation and users of the new version XPro 4.3 can now take advantage of the Leica HiRes orthophoto processing. Leica says that this will increases orthophoto productivity by reducing the number of flight lines.
About Leica Geosystems
Leica Geosystems has a long history of almost 200 years of land surveying and measuring solutions. You've got to love a company, like Leica Geosystems, whose moto is "When it has to be right." Professionals from around the globe utilize Leica Geosystems products and services to help them capture, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems, part of the Hexagon Group, Sweden, is based in Heerbrugg, Switzerland. They report having over 3,500 employees, tens of thousands of customers located in 28 countries, and hundreds of partners located in more than 120 countries around the world.
Leica XPro 4.3 and Leica XPro Image Viewer
- High-resolution orthophoto processing
- Leica XPro 4.3 now includes fast high-resolution orthophoto processing of RGB imagery by combining the HiRes data acquisition mode implemented in the Leica ADS product line with innovative post-processing algorithms.
- Leica HiRes capability orthophotos and orthomaps can be produced from imagery captured at up to two times higher flying altitude.
- Reduces flight lines and data acquisition costs significantly.
- Leica XPro Image Viewer new drawing tool allows the operator during the quality control process to highlight particular image areas that require a reflight, for instance due to cloud coverage.
- Marked-up areas can be used in the Leica FPES flight planning software to initiate re-flights immediately.
Leica XPro 4.3 New Productivity Enhancing Features
Here's a list of include Leica XPro 4.3 features for increased productivity and efficiency:
- Enhanced data validation and reporting in Data Preparation
- Minifier application for submitting L1 and L2 image pyramid generation jobs to distributed computation environment
- Support of Windows 7 64-bit OS for XPro workstation environment
- Improved performance in QC Viewer while loading images with radiometric correction
Availability and Existing Maintenance Contract Customers
Leica Geosystems has already made their Leica XPro 4.3 available with delivery to their customers. If you are an existing customers with a software maintenance contract, Leica Geosystems announced that they will provide you free of charge with the new Leica XPro 4.3.