Professional Land Surveyor News: Carlson’s New SurvPC Data Collection Software Provides SurvCE Power on a Windows® PC
If you currently use a Windows PC, such as a ruggedized laptop and Carlson SurvCE, or are considering switching to or adding either to your surveyor's toolbox, here's a good piece of news: Carlson has just released Carlson SurvPC, a full-screen version of Carlson’s popular data collection software, Carlson SurvCE. Carlson says that SurvPC can be used on any standard Windows PC computers, including ruggedized laptops. Carlson SurvPC is a new release following their recent release of SurvCE, version 2.5, which is a free upgrade for those utilizing version 2.0 and forward.
About Carlson Software:
Carlson Software was Founded in 1983, and produces technically advanced software solutions for:
- Civil Engineering
- Land Surveying,
- Machine Control/Positioning
- Solid Waste Landfill
- Law Enforcement
Ranked Number One For Product Support!
Carlson's product support for their data collection software was ranked number one by users according to a leading magazine's poll and marketing report. I can tell you that I got the chance to visit Carlson's Boston office last year and witnessed their superior support first hand, and was very impressed. SurvCE 2.5 features:
- Hundreds of additions and improvements, which are also found in SurvPC.
- Both SurvCE and SurvPC work with more brands of Total Stations and GPS receivers than any other data collection software on the market.
Bruce Carlson, President of Carlson Software said:
“SurvPC does all that SurvCE does, and more,” says Bruce Carlson, president of Carlson Software. “Because it can access the same commands used in Carlson office products and the IntelliCAD environment, SurvPC can access many additional commands not available to SurvCE.”
- Bigger screen display
- More graphic and processing power
- Ability to read and write Microstation .dgn files
- Compatible symbol libraries with file formats the same as Carlson office products (.fld vs. .fcl files for field-to-finish)
- Ability to do aerial photo overlays and contour within CAD
- Output to Excel
- And more.....
SurvPC can be used on any standard Windows PC computer, including:
- The Panasonic Toughbook U1.
- Carlson's own computer, the Carlson Commander, which is a rugged, handheld, ultra-mobile PC device adaptable for both field and in-vehicle operations from Carlson Software and the Technology Advancement Group® (TAG®).
SurvPC Retains The Main and Universal Advantages of SurvCE:
Bruce Carlson also added the main and universal advantages of SurvCE are retained, such as:
- A simple interface
- Quick learning curve
- Strong graphics
- Rich set of features to complete any work from building and highway stakeout, to property surveying, topo, control, and GIS data collection