Professional Land Surveyor Podcast
Subscribe to this podcast
The Geov8 Geo+Innovation Podcast
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below
Current episodes of the Professional Land Surveyor Podcast (PLSP) are brought to you by Colburn Strategic Partners, a business consulting and project management firm, specializing in workflow optimization, consistent online omnipresence and visual excellence.
Join In The Conversation!
- Call 401-484-0757 to record a message for play in a future podcast.
- Contact Me if you have any questions, would like to be a sponsor, are interested in being interviewed, or would like to join in the Professional Land Surveyor Community "In Your Own Words" segment.
- Thank you, work smart and be brilliant!
In this episode of the Geov8 Geo+Innovation Podcast you'll find the following content:
- Geov8.com - Geo+Innovation!
- Geov8 2017 Virtual Expo
- AutoCAD Civil 3D: Survey Field to Finish Webinar
- In this episode of the Professional Land Surveyor Podcast you'll find the following content: Meerkat: My initial thoughts on the new live-streaming Meerkat App. Follow me on Meerkat. Laser Scanning Drones: XactSense is First to Fly Velodyne’s New Low-Cost LIDAR “Puck”. How to Use Social Media & Content Marketing to Grow Your Business Webinar. AutoCAD Civil 3D Points Primary Setup Webcast. Geov8 2015 Virtual Expo - A sneak peek into the NEW, upcoming geov8 geo innovation virtual expo!
- Commercial Drones Get Proposed FAA Rules: This weekend there was breaking news as the DOT and FAA Propose New Rules for Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems. This is an important milestone for the legal use of commercial drones, sUAS, or UAVs in the U.S. For land surveyors and related geospatial professionals looking to use drones for close-range photogrammetry or inspections, you now have a clearer idea of the requirements to own and operate a drone for commercial use. Of course, these are only the proposed rules and may be further revised through the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rulemaking process.
The Professional Land Surveyor Podcast Episode 16 Surveying Mathematics Made Simple Books Author Jim Crume Interview
- Surveying Mathematics Made Simple Books Author Jim Crume PLS, MS, CFedS Interview. In this episode of the Professional Land Surveyor Podcast I interview professional land surveyor, United States Mineral Surveyor, Certified Federal Surveyor, and author of the Surveying Mathematics Made Simple Book series, Jim Crume.
- Surveyor’s Saturday Serendipity: USGS National Atlas Streamer
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Tablet PC for Surveying
- ArcPad 10.2 Improves Integration with ArcGIS
- LinkedIn Professional Land Surveyor Group
- Google Plus Professional Land Surveyor Community
- Google Plus AutoCAD Civil 3D Community
- Google Plus Canadian GIS Community
- Working With Expanded And Improved Teams
- Professional Surveyor Magazine Feature: A New Datum - Dave Doyle
- In this podcast episode, an "On The Road" segment, I discuss post-recession business and how we need to be super profitable during the next "Boom" cycle.
- Trimble Announces New Version of Trimble RealWorks Software
- Optech Announces Optech LMS Professional Edition for Lynx Mobile Mapper
- Juniper Systems Handhelds Take On the Power of RFID
- Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority Awards On-Call Surveying Services Contract to KS Associates
- ASPRS Awards Senator Jack Reed with George E. Brown, Jr. Congressional Honor Award
Questions and Comments
- Civil 3D 911 question about changing Parcel Line Labels Styles. Learn more here: AutoCAD Civil 3D 911 Three Ways to Change Parcel Line Label Styles
- Is moonlighting such a bad thing?
AutoCAD Civil 3D Surveyor Training Course Update
The limited time $205 off of the AutoCAD Civil 3D Surveyor Training Course ends April 30, 2013 - So sign up today to get your savings!
Please consider making a donation in support of victims of the Boston Marathon Bombings and the Waco, Texas explosion:
- One Fund Boston (saw this charity on the tv after recording the podcast)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children
- AutoCAD Civil 3D For Surveyor Training Course - Course Syllabus
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3
- Motivational Monday: Focused Organization of Boundary Surveying Monuments
- Motivational Monday: Focused Organization of Boundary Surveying Monuments on Youtube