(Heerbrugg, Switzerland/Las Vegas,USA, 5 June 2013) – Leica Geosystems’ new Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation, announced at HxGN Live, enables surveyors to easily perform 3D laser scanning tasks and work with point clouds in 3D. To help newcomers to laser scanning take full advantage of the system’s capabilities, Leica Geosystems announces Leica MultiWorx for AutoCAD, an easy-to-learn and easy-to-use software component of the Nova solution.
Leica MultiWorx for AutoCAD is a plug-in software that lets users quickly create traditional survey deliverables from scans and images within a familiar AutoCAD interface with additional tools that leverage specific capabilities of the Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation and aid users new to 3D laser scanning.
The right tools for the right reasons
Leica MultiWorx for AutoCAD provides a set of key features beyond native AutoCAD and Civil 3D support of point cloud data, which makes working with point clouds and images from the Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation fast and easy.
- Surveyor-friendly project management tools: Leica MultiWorx tools ensure a near zero learning curve for those new to scanning. Moreover, the survey project structure lets users take advantage of industry standard formats that avoid lengthy data conversion and import processes commonly associated with managing point cloud data inside CAD.
- Intuitive 3D coordinate system management and view orientation: Totally new in the industry, Leica MultiWorx coordinate systems and view management tools make working in 3D easy for users new to 3D.
- Robust point cloud clipping and sectioning tools: This powerful set of high-productivity tools for working on specific areas of point clouds to extract 2D drawings is taken directly from Leica Geosystems’ industry leading CloudWorx plug-ins for CAD systems.
- Complete utilization of Leica Nova MS50 MultiStation high-resolution photos: Leica MultiWorx helps users who are working with point clouds easily understand what they are seeing on a computer display. It does this by directly integrating panoramic instrument images as a full, photorealistic, seamless, pan and zoom background for laser scan data. This powerful capability is in addition to being able to view colored point clouds.
- Intelligent point snapping and automated point selection: Intelligent Osnap “SmartPicks” enable automatic picking of an exact, required point, such as “lowest point” even in the midst of performing any standard CAD function such as drawing lines or placing blocks, which provides both productivity and accuracy benefits. A handy Points-On-A-Grid feature lets users automatically select ground scan points in a grid pattern and can generate tens or thousands of accurate ground survey points in seconds.
Built on a strong foundation
The software inherits its capabilities from Leica Geosystems laser scanning software team, which produces the long-time industry leading Leica Cyclone and Leica CloudWorx point cloud processing solutions. Derived extensively from popular Leica CloudWorx plug-ins, Leica MultiWorx for AutoCAD has been specially configured to support common survey drafting workflows. Leica MultiWorx is further tailored to take advantage of Leica Nova MS50 MultiStations specific scanning, imaging, and automated scan registration capabilities, leading to simplified workflows and tools that ensure a fit-for-purpose solution: easy-to-learn and easy-to-use for those new to 3D point clouds. Leica MultiWorx for AutoCAD users can also integrate the other new software component of the Leica Nova solution, the Leica Infinity software suite, into their workflow for updated network analysis and adjustment features.
Leica MultiWorx for AutoCAD is currently available for purchase and delivery. Contact your authorized Leica Geosystems representative for additional information.
AutoCAD® is a registered trademark of Autodesk, Inc.
Leica Geosystems – when it has to be right
With close to 200 years of experience pioneering solutions to measure the world, Leica Geosystems products and services are trusted by professionals worldwide to help them capture, analyze, and present spatial information. Leica Geosystems is best known for its broad array of products that capture accurately, model quickly, analyze easily, and visualize and present spatial information.
Those who use Leica Geosystems products every day trust them for their dependability, the value they deliver, and the superior customer support. Based in Heerbrugg, Switzerland, Leica Geosystems is a global company with tens of thousands of customers supported by more than 3,500 employees in 28 countries and hundreds of partners located in more than 120 countries around the world. Leica Geosystems is part of the Hexagon, Sweden.