I get many request to write about how to set up AutoCAD Civil 3D for land surveyors. This Premium Members Post is an introduction to a series of articles for setting up AutoCAD Civil 3D for land surveying.
If you're struggling with setting up AutoCAD Civil 3D or you feel that you're missing some key secret to efficiently work with AutoCAD Civil 3D, then these articles will help you out. We'll cover the basics of AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing settings, Survey Databases, working with Points, Description Keys Parcels, and Surfaces. Along the way, we'll keep things simple with a focus on getting you from raw survey data to plan.
All these instructional articles are for Premium Members Only, which means you must signup and login to this site to get access. You can register here »Premium Signup.
Below, you'll find a list, or outline, of the topics covered in this Beginners AutoCAD Civil 3D Setup for Land Surveyors series of articles. I've developed this outline from my experience in setting up and using AutoCAD Civil 3D, from consulting, and from questions I get from frustrated land surveyors.
With that said - and this is very important - I need your help to make this series useful to as wide a range of users as possible. As such, consider this post as a living document that will grow as this project grows. So, check back here for updates on this series topics, which will be linked to the related post.
Beginners AutoCAD Civil 3D Setup for Land Surveyors Topics
- Basic AutoCAD Civil 3D Setup Planning and Preparation
- Setup Drawing Settings
- Working With Databases-Setting Working Folders
- Basic Survey Databases Setup
- Understand and Define Your Survey Data
- Understand and Define Your Data Collection Process
- Define Point Codes
- Define Point Layers
- Define Point Blocks
- Create Point Styles
- Create Point Label Styles
- Create Description Key File
- Create Point Groups
- Points in Action - The AutoCAD Civil 3D Workflow
- Insert Points
- Insert Points Using the Survey Database
- Working with Points in "Worksheet Mode"
- Working with Points in "Plan Mode"
- Creating Parcels
- Create Parcel Styles
- Create Parcel Label Styles
- Creating Surfaces
- Create Surface Styles
- Create Surface Label Styles
- Creating Surfaces with Points