Carlson Software has made available a free add-on utility for users of AutoDesk/ AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009. A link to the Carlson Connect download page is at the bottom of this page (you may need to click on the "Read More >>" button to find it).
The Carlson Connect Free add-on runs inside of AutoDesk / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 and provides the following operability for land surveyors:
- Transferring data to AutoDesk / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
- Converting data to AutoDesk / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
- Transferring data to data collectors
- Converting data to use with data collectors
- Works with several popular data collectors
- Uses the current project data inside AutoDesk / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009
Included in the Carlson Connect Free add-on utility are the following menu routines:
- SurvCE Transfer
- Import Carlson CRD Points
- Export Carlson CRD Points
- Convert Carlson Point Objects
- CG Field Transfer
- Import C and G CRD Points
- Export C and G CRD Points
- Carlson Connect Help
- About Carlson Connect
There is also a free add-on utility available for users of AutoDesk / AutoCAD LDT 2009.
"Carlson Software is dedicated to providing the finest software to Land Surveyors, Civil Engineers, Mining Engineers, and Land Development Professionals."
CITATION: Carlson Software website.
You also can find additional information and downloads on the Carlson Software website.
I have used older versions of Carlson Connect, in prior releases of AutoCAD Civil 3D, and after using this release for use with AutoDesk / AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 for awhile, I'll give you an update as to how well this free utility works.
Click Here to download the Free Carlson Connect Add-on for AutoDesk Civil 3D 2009.