In today’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Surveying Quick Tips and Tricks I will show Importing AutoCAD Civil 3D Styles.
This is another technique that helps you to speed up the creation of AutoCAD Civil 3D Styles by using already created Styles from your other AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings and templates.
You can also read AutoCAD Civil 3D Surveying Quick Tips and Tricks: Using Layer Source From Other DWGs When Creating Styles for tips on how to transfer AutoCAD Civil 3D Layers between drawings and drawing templates.
You have existing AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing and template files with existing Styles setup that you would like to insert into a new AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing and/or template.
Short of manually recreating each individual Style, what can be done so as not to have to reinvent the wheel?
Two things we're trying to accomplish are:
- Work faster by selecting existing Styles from one AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing or template and import those Styles into a new AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing or template.
- Maintain Style consistency and drawing standards across projects and project files.
- Open both AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings, the one with the existing Styles and your new AutoCAD Civil 3D that you want to import these Styles. Make the new AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing current.
- Now locate the Styles in the existing AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing or template and simply drag and drop the Styles into your new AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing or template.
- While this is a quick method to import your predefined Styles, it is still somewhat of a manual process and requires a lot of work should you need to transfer a larger volume of Styles. It's handy for importing a few Styles as needed on-the-fly.
- Open your new AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing or template, the one you want to import Styles.
- At the command line, enter "AeccImportStyles" (no quotes).
- You will be prompted for the source AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing or template. Enter your existing file path and then the Styles in that source drawing will be imported into you new drawing / template.
I hope this helps out.
This AutoCAD Civil 3D Surveying Quick Tips and Tricks is brought to you by the Eric D. Colburn, Professional Land Surveyor Revivalist & Adviser, showing Importing AutoCAD Civil 3D Styles.