Today I'm pleased to release my AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing template: AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey 2D Points Essential Template Framework (2011). This includes a digital download dwt (2011) template file and a sample point file.
Many land surveyors and designers have asked me to create this template so that they can work with points like they’re 2D. Have you been frustrated by AutoCAD Civil 3D having too much “3D-ness” (my word)? – Then this is the template for you!
My goal was to create an AutoCAD Civil 3D Template that treats points as if they’re really in 2D, for those of you looking for an affordable base framework in which to build upon to create and customize your own template. If working in AutoCAD Civil 3D has frustrated you because of:
- Drawing lines between points creates those lines with endpoints of varying elevations, which become difficult to impossible to work with.
- Then, it’s frustrating when trying to measure or draw lines, like wanting to draw a perpendicular line from a point to one of those unnecessary 3D lines mentioned above.
- Line text gets distorted when drawing lines between points of different elevations.
- Line symbols also get distorted when drawing lines between points of different elevations.
This template solves all those problems and lets you concentrate on doing your non-3D land surveying tasks, with ease.
As further described below, this AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey Essential Template Framework is an essential, fundamental, or base framework to get you headed on the right track in setting up and using your own template expanded from this template, saving you many hours of tedious work.
This may be an affordable way for many surveyors to expeditiously get running out of the block, with a few simple tweaks and customizations to match your basic survey standards. I've taken much of the work out of it for you, setting up a framework from which to build that will keep your layers, Point Styles, Point Label Styles, and Point Groups organized. And there's more, too.
Register and it's FREE!
[kkcountdown idkkc = "5" kkchead = "1" ]
Today, to launch the release of this AutoCAD Civil 3D template, I'm offering it at 25% OFF, saving you nearly $50! This introductory price ends on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 12 PM EST, so order now and save.
[UPDATE 02/15/2011: Because yesterday there was so much demand and traffic generated for this AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey 2D Points Essential Template Framework, which caused temporary server issues and may have caused problems for you when purchasing this product, I'm extending the introductory price an additional day. So, I'll hold the 25% off until Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 12 PM EST, after which the price will revert to the full $199. I've also added a shopping cart near the upper right hand corner of the site, directly beneath the login menu area, where you'll find items you've added to your own shopping cart (whether you've just added it now, or did so yesterday).]
Want to save even more? Register as a Premium Member today and this AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey 2D Points Essential Template Framework can be one of your included Premium Membership free downloads. (You'll also find plenty of other Premium Member benefits, too!)
|Buy the AutoCAD Civil 3D Survey 2D Points Essential Template Framework (2011)|
|Or, Register Now!|
Here are a few features:
- Imperial to Metric conversion set to US Survey Foot (39.37 Inches per Meter).
- Default Object Layers for many survey oriented objects set to the survey layers (V-).
- Ambient Angle Format set to DD° MM' SS", and not the default decimal degrees.
- Essential Point Styles setup for fundamental point grouping. I've provided 21 customized Point Styles for 14 existing types of points, 3 types of found monuments, 3 types of set monuments, and also for traverse points found and set. With this framework you should be able to quickly and efficiently expand and customize these base Point Groups to include your entire set of point descriptions.
- Essential Point Label Styles for each of the above listed base Point Styles setup for Model Space display.
- Essential Point Label Styles for each of the above listed base Point Styles setup for plan representation/Paper Space display.
- Complete Description Key Set created to assign Point Style and Point Label Style to points. Again, with this essential framework it will be easier to expand the Description Key Sets file to handle all of your point descriptions.
- Point Groups setup for sorting and overriding Description Keys, if wanted. Note: the Description Key Set file will control the Point Style and Point Label Style when you insert points, but you can easily override these settings using the Point Groups.
- Settings within Point Styles and Point Label Styles setup to use layers populated in the survey layers (V-).
- Template setup so that you can control objects using layers.
I've also added:
- Parcel Styles default to the survey layers (V-) and not to civil engineering related layers for proposed features and objects (C-).
- Created a Parcel Area Label for area in Square Foot and acreage with common output values, inluding having ± follow the labeled areas.
- Surface Styles and layers default to the survey layers (V-) and not to civil engineering related layers for proposed features and objects (C-). This will make identifying and using your existing conditions surfaces much easier and to keep them separate from the engineered designed proposed surfaces.