Announcing New AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Survey Essential Template Framework
This is a digital download product of an AutoCAD Civil 3D Template called AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Survey Essential Template Framework.
My goal was to create an AutoCAD Civil 3D Template for those of you looking for an affordable base framework to build upon to create and customize your own template.
Here are a few features:
- Imperial to Metric conversion set to US Survey Foot (39.37 Inches per Meter).
- Default Object Layers for many survey oriented objects set to the survey layers (V-).
- Ambient Angle Format set to DD° MM'' SS", and not the default decimal degrees.
- Essential Point Styles setup for fundamental point grouping. I've provided 21 customized Point Styles for 14 existing types of points, 3 types of found monuments, 3 types of set monuments, and for traverse points found and set. With this framework you can quickly and efficiently expand and customize these base Point Groups to include your entire set of point descriptions.
- Essential Point Label Styles for the above listed base Point Styles setup for Model Space display.
- Essential Point Label Styles for the above listed base Point Styles setup for plan representation/Paper Space display.
- Complete Description Key Set created to assign Point Style and Point Label Style to points. Again, with this essential framework it will be easier to expand the Description Key Sets file to handle all of your point descriptions.
- Point Groups setup for sorting and overriding Description Keys, if wanted. Note: the Description Key Set file will control the Point Style and Point Label Style when you insert points, but you can easily override these settings using the Point Groups.
- Settings within Point Styles and Point Label Styles setup to use layers populated in the survey layers (V-).
- Template setup so that you can control objects using layers.
I''ve also added:
- Parcel Styles default to the survey layers (V-) and not to civil engineering related layers for proposed features and objects (C-).
- Created a Parcel Area Label for area in Square Foot and acreage with common output values, including having ± follow the labeled areas.
- Surface Styles and layers default to the survey layers (V-) and not to civil engineering related layers for proposed features and objects (C-). This will make identifying and using your existing conditions surfaces easier and to keep them separate from the engineered designed proposed surfaces.
To sum it up, this is AutoCAD Civil 3D Template is an essential, fundamental or base framework to get you headed on the right track in setting up and using your own template expanded from this template, saving you many hours of tedious work.
I''m also including a sample points list that you can insert into this template, or a DWG created from it, to see how the Point Styles, Point Label Styles, Description Key Set, and Point Groups work.
This file is available for free to registered Premium Members of EricColburn.com!