We (the folks at EricColburn.com) run a blog and social network and would love for you to use it. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your content, profile and activity stream as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed below appear on your profile, activity stream, forum posts, comments and responses, or posted links (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
You can check our site to get a sense of the types of interactions that are welcome on our service (or not!). If you find any EricColburn.com content that you believe violates our terms of service, please contact us immediately.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by EricColburn.com, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your EricColburn.com Account and Site. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and content, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the content. You must not describe or assign keywords to your content in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and EricColburn.com may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause EricColburn.com liability. You must immediately notify EricColburn.com of any unauthorized uses of your content, your account or any other breaches of security. EricColburn.com will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your Content is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your Content, Account, or User Name is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your Account or User Name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by EricColburn.com or otherwise.
By submitting Content to EricColburn.com for inclusion on your Account, Profile, Activity stream, Forum Posts, Comments and Responses, or posted Links, you grant EricColburn.com a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content. If you delete Content, EricColburn.com will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, EricColburn.com has the right (though not the obligation) to, in EricColburn.com’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in EricColburn.com’s reasonable opinion, violates any EricColburn.com policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in EricColburn.com’s sole discretion. EricColburn.com.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid, if any.
3. Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms. Optional paid services such as Premium Membership Registration Service are available on the Website (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay EricColburn.com the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service (additional payment terms specifically for Premium Membership Registration Services are described below). Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify EricColburn.com before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Unsubscribe page.
4. Premium Membership Registration Services.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Premium Membership Registration Services account you agree to pay EricColburn.com the monthly subscription fee. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your Premium Membership Registration Services are established and in advance of using such services. EricColburn.com reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Premium Membership Registration Services can be canceled by you at any time.
- Support. Premium Membership Registration Services may include access to priority email support and Premium Membership Registration Services free downloads and other premium services. “Email support” means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by EricColburn.com to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the Premium Membership Registration Services. “Priority” means that support for Premium Membership Registration Services customers takes priority over support for users of the standard, free EricColburn.com services. “Free downloads” include 2 free downloads per month and EricColburn.com reserves the right to change, update or remove any and all free downloads at any time. All Premium Membership Registration Services support will be provided in accordance with EricColburn.com standard Premium Membership Registration Services practices, procedures and policies. Premium Membership Registration Services details, concerning what is included, can be found on our Membership page and Registration page.
5. Responsibility of Website Visitors. EricColburn.com has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, EricColburn.com does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. EricColburn.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
6. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which EricColburn.com links, and that link to EricColburn.com. EricColburn.com does not have any control over those non-EricColburn.com websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-EricColburn.com website or webpage, EricColburn.com does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. EricColburn.com disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non- EricColburn.com websites and webpages.
7. Professional Land Surveyor and Legal Advice Disclaimer. Content on EricColburn.com is for informational purposes only and any information applicable to an individual land surveying or legal issue should be discussed with your professional land surveyor, attorney, or other professionals, and is not intended to be a substitute for professional land surveyor, financial or legal advice. EricColburn.com urges users and visitors to consult with a qualified professional for analysis and answers to their personal and professional questions and property, financial or legal issues.. Your reliance on any information provided by EricColburn.com, EricColburn.com operators or employees, EricColburn.com Content, or other visitors to the EricColburn.com website is solely at your own risk.
8. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As EricColburn.com asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by EricColburn.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify EricColburn.com in accordance with this EricColburn.com’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. EricColburn.com will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. EricColburn.com will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of EricColburn.com or others. In the case of such termination, EricColburn.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to EricColburn.com.
9. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from EricColburn.com to you any EricColburn.com or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with EricColburn.com. EricColburn.com, the EricColburn.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with EricColburn.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of EricColburn.com or EricColburn.com’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any EricColburn.com or third-party trademarks.
10. Changes. EricColburn.com reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. EricColburn.com may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
11. Termination. EricColburn.com may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your EricColburn.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a Premium Membership Registration Services account, such account can only be terminated by EricColburn.com if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from EricColburn.com’s notice to you thereof; provided that, EricColburn.com can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive terminationshall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
12. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. EricColburn.com and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither EricColburn.com nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
13. Limitation of Liability. In no event will EricColburn.com, Eric Colburn, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to EricColburn.com under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. EricColburn.com shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
15. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Eric Colburn, EricColburn.com, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
16. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between EricColburn.com and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of EricColburn.com, or by the posting by EricColburn.com of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the state of Rhode Island, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Providence County, Rhode Island. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Providence, Rhode Island, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; EricColburn.com may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.